Friday, August 4, 2017

I may be late to the party....

....but at least I made it to the party.

2017 Topps Heritage came out back in May I believe. I didn't partake in a blaster until late June and I'm not posting about it until now.

The truth is, I bought the blaster at Target one day and opened the packs in my car. Then I put the cards back into the blaster box and put the box in the center console of my car and sort of forgot about it until tonight when I was cleaning out my car.

Here's a look at the contents of the blaster which contained 8 packs. Each pack contains 9 cards...well most packs contain 9 cards, but we'll get to that later.

Pack 1


Pack 1 contained a Joey Votto SP.


Pack 2


Pack 3


Pack 3 contained a 10th card. A Rediscover Topps card featuring Don Aase on a 1979 Topps card. I know there are different colored stamps and this one is silver.


Pack 4


The Kyle Schwarber is an SP.


Pack 5


Pack 5 contained an unexpected hit. The Nick Markakis card is a Grey Back variation which is limited to 10. The card is neither grey nor actually numbered, but after some brief research I am confident that this is the short printed variation, which is 1:529 packs.


Here is the Markakis card back next to a regular card back. To me, it looks more brown than grey.


Pack 6


Tanaka is an SP.



Pack 7


Pack 8


What do you think about 2017 Heritage? How did I do with my blaster?

1 comment:

  1. Nice Votto! I missed out on Heritage this year... but I did manage to finally land some Stadium Club blasters and an A&G blaster this past week. It only took a trip down to Vegas to find it. I would have grabbed Heritage too... but didn't see any.

    ReplyDelete